How to pay for a table
iBidU is a live marketplace in table space. If you want table space when you arrive at a busy venue, like a popular pub or bar, you can use iBidU to offer people already seated at the venue payment to vacate their seating for you. You can do this either by submitting a Bid, which is sent to everyone with the iBidU app at the venue, or by responding to an Offer submitted by someone at the venue ready to vacate their table space.
3. If you choose to make a fresh bid, tap the 'Bid' button and on the Bid screen (shown here) enter the details requested:
in the '£' field the amount you are prepared to pay - NB: a 20% iBidU processing fee will be added to this, see below
in the 'people' field the number of seats you want for that amount, e.g. 2
the location field is pre-filled with the name of the venue, or you can select the venue using the lookup facilities mentioned in 1. above
type anything additional you want the other person to know in the 'notes...' field, e.g. 'on the terrace' or 'in the garden'
The bottom section summarises your bid and shows the total you will pay with the 20% iBidU processing fee added on. Press 'Accept' when you are done.
4. Your bid then gets notified to everyone at that venue with the iBidU app and is listed on the home screen (with a green icon) - note in this example, your bid is listed above the existing bid of £18 for 4, because you are bidding more per person.
If someone with table space to exchange accepts your bid, you get a notification asking if you want to continue. If you accept, then both your screens change to the same colour to help find each other (see below).
You bid stays live for at least 15 minutes (currently) and then times out if the app detects you have left the venue.
6. Here is an example of the payment screen - all the details are pre-filled, the bidder is paying with their credit card using the same screens you may have seen in other apps. iBidU's credit card processing is provided by PayPal which means you can swap your payment method between your PayPal account or your credit card as you prefer.
At this point the transaction becomes final and the person you have paid must vacate their table space for you.
1. First, if iBidU isn't showing you located at the venue you want table space at, use the lookup facilities to select it. Either type in the location field on the home screen or tap the lookup button to its right. Tapping the Refresh button to its left gives you the location Google thinks you are at.
2. Then, you can either click the 'Bid' button at the bottom of the screen to submit a bid of how much you will pay for table space, and wait for someone to accept it, or you can see if there are any existing offers of table space from others, listed under 'Offers', which you can tap on to activate.
5. When your bid is accepted, (or when you accept an offer, see 2. above) both your screens turn bright green (or blue, yellow etc), so turn your screen away from you and hold it up for anyone to see and the other person will find you in no time... also, you can see each other's location on an onscreen map. You see yourself as a blue dot, the other party is a red pin. (NB bear in mind that indoors the location may not be precise.)
When you are both ready to exchange seating, you pay through the app by clicking the credit card button (or Paypal button or Apple Pay button if those are your selected payment methods) - you can still cancel the transaction until now, should you wish.
7. All completed transactions may be viewed through your Account screen (tap or swipe right). Simply click on the 'Payments Statement' button to see a full list of transactions (shown here), from which you can select to view details of any one. The iBidU app plots the position of both parties for a few minutes prior to and post the transaction, and this information is used by iBidU as the basis for dispute resolution where the bidder alleges that the person paid did not in fact give up their table space when paid, contrary to iBidU's terms and conditions of use.